There are many potential causes for variation in your blood pressure readings. If you feel that the blood pressure readings from your device are not accurate, it could be a result of external causes or technical issues with your blood pressure monitor.
Blood pressure readings may vary based on environmental factors causing your blood pressure to change.
- Taking your measurements under the same conditions, such as at the same time of day and on the same arm.
- Relaxing for 5 minutes before taking your measurement.
- Sitting comfortably in a quiet place with your feet flat on the floor and without crossing your legs.
- Not talking or moving for the entire measurement.
- Breathing normally.
- Placing the cuff at the same level as your heart.
Issues with your blood pressure monitor may also cause inaccurate blood pressure readings to occur. Lark recommends replacing the batteries in your blood pressure monitor before taking additional readings to see if the issue is resolved.
⚠️ If these steps do not correct the issue of inaccurate readings from your blood pressure monitor, please reach out to our support team using our webform. Our team will be happy to assist you further.