Lark is a smartphone app that offers instant feedback when you take your blood glucose. Your Lark coach:
- Lets you know when you should call a medical professional based on a very high or low reading.
- May relate your blood sugar to recent exercise or diet patterns.
- Alerts you if you may need to test for ketones or recheck blood sugar.
- Offers suggestions for handling mild hypoglycemia.
In addition, Lark automatically stores your blood glucose test results so you can look at your progress and share the results with your doctor without needing to use pencil and paper to write them down each time you test.
If your blood glucose levels are not quite where you want them, there are a number of things you can do to work on moving them in the right direction. Always keep your doctor and diabetes care team in the loop and consult with them if you have concerns about your blood glucose and before you make any changes.
Some strategies to lower blood glucose may include:
- Adjusting insulin dose or timing if needed.
- Changing your oral diabetes medications and/or adding insulin if needed.
- Taking your medications properly if you have not been doing so.
- Increasing physical activity.
- Losing weight if you are obese.
- Eating healthier.
- Reducing stress.
- Getting adequate sleep.
These are easier said than done, and you may do better with support from a diabetes coach. Lark can be your cheerleader, teacher, and tracker, while reminding you to make those healthy choices each day.