You can check your blood glucose with a simple home blood glucose meter, commonly referred to as a glucometer.
As part of most Lark Diabetes Management Programs, a traditional blood glucose monitor is included to enable you to actively monitor your blood glucose levels.
A traditional blood glucose meter uses a blood sample that you get from a pricking your finger or another place on your body. Common times to test are:
- In the morning before breakfast
- Before or after meals
- Around bedtime
- Before and after exercising
How To Use The Glucometer
- Clean the site thoroughly and brush it with an alcohol swab.
- Start the measurement process by selecting "Take a Measurement" after tapping the "+" icon in the bottom right corner of the main chat screen.
- When prompted as part of the measurement process, insert the test strip, prick the spot with a lancet, place the blood on the strip, and wait for the reading.