The best way to determine whether your health insurer covers Lark is to take a three question pre-enrollment quiz from Lark's mobile application.
- If your health insurer does cover Lark, these three questions will ensure that you are attempting to sign up for Lark in the right place.
- If your health insurer does not cover Lark, you'll be able to verify following this process.
Checking If Your Health Insurer Covers Lark's Programs
1. To start, please download Lark by visiting the App Store (for Apple) or Google Play Store (for Android) on your mobile device.
2. On the home screen of the app, select "I don't have an account" at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select your health goal that corresponds to the Lark program that you're interested in.
|Health Goal||Lark Program|
|Lose Weight||Diabetes Prevention Program|
|Manage Diabetes||Diabetes Care|
|Manage Hypertension||Hypertension Care|
|General Wellness and Prevention||Wellness|
4. Select the state that you live in.
5. Select your health insurer.
6. You'll then learn if your health insurer covers Lark's programs.
If your health insurer does cover Lark, you'll be brought to the correct enrollment page (URL) for your plan and program. Please follow the prompts to determine if you are medically qualified and/or have eligible insurance coverage for Lark's programs.
If your health insurer does not cover Lark, you'll be notified within the app.
If you are a member of a health insurance plan that does not cover Lark's programs and would like to see Lark as a covered benefit in the future, we encourage you to reach out to your insurance company's member support team (via the phone number on your insurance card) and share your interest in Lark.
If you were interested in participating in Lark's Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), there may be another CDC-certified Diabetes Prevention Program available to support you. Explore other DPP program options by checking out this website.